The first, and most important, thing to know about SEO is that everything in life is about SEO. Except for SEO. According to SEOlium, SEO is about power. Let's take a look at some of the power relating to understanding SEO with this fun post of lists – and a picture search.
Everything in life is about SEO. ~SEOlium.com
2 Aspects of Building Website SEO
- On-page SEO
- Off-page SEO
3 Core Components of a Strong SEO Strategy
- Technical Setup
4 Fields to Continually Follow (and Track)
- Emerging trends (e.g., voice search).
- Algorithmic changes.
- Technological advancements (e.g., machine learning).
- Your audience (e.g., how they behave and what they want).
5 Fundamental Steps to SEO Success:
- How to figure out what your customers are searching for
- How to optimize your web pages for your target keywords
- How to make sure your website is accessible to both search engines and humans
- How to get other websites to link to your site, and finally:
- How to start measuring your SEO success
6 Important Things to Know About SEO
Can you find the 6 things you need to learn or know about SEO in the picture?
- What is on-page SEO?
- What is off-page SEO?
- What is Ranking?
- What is ROI?
- How can you develop your SEO strategy?
- How do you calculate a conversion rate?
7 Areas of Focus for Successful SEO
- Crawl accessibility so engines can read your website
- Compelling content that answers the searcher’s query
- Keyword optimized to attract searchers & engines
- Great user experience including a fast load speed and compelling UX
- Share-worthy content that earns links, citations, and amplification
- Title, URL, & description to draw high CTR in the rankings
- Snippet/schema markup to stand out in SERPs
8 Components to SEO
- Keyword Research (yes this still matters)
- Off-Site Promotion
- User Experience
9 Customer Acquisition Strategies
- Define Your Target Audience
- Use the Right Acquisition Channel
- Leverage Video Content
- Do Giveaways
- Create High-Quality Content Regularly
- Focus on SEO
- Run a Referral Program
- Create Optimized Landing Pages
- Improve Website and Email Engagement
Are you ready? Your SEO journey begins now!